(Learn more about Emily Bierman’s nine scrapbooks here.)
The majority of this book is obituaries, which researchers will likely appreciate. I’d list them for you here, but the book is full-text searchable! Keep in mind that these are mainly people who a historian in the 1930s thought were worth noting, whether they were prominent townspeople or pioneers of the area.
- First Rice County Child Dies at 78
- Civil War Nurse With Remarkable Record Dies in Northfield at 92 Years of Age
- Oldest Pioneer Citizen Passes, A. M. Olin … One of Last Few Civil War Veterans
- Death Comes to Mrs. E. J. Thye
- Funeral Rites for Cruttenden Today, Veteran Dentist
- Judge Shields Dies Thursday of Pneumonia
- Tributes of Affection Paid Mrs. Roe at Funeral Service
- An incomplete Ira Sumner obituary, with photograph
If you have any dates or publication information to share, please pass them along. The Junior Curators at the Northfield Historical Society were able to find some of them this summer, but we still need to enter them into the computer. We do know that Mrs. Bierman died in August of 1939, so clippings are older than that date; she also had a stroke in the spring of 1937, so most likely they were published before that time, as well.